Today’s OSHA is deeply focused on enforcement. The current administration indicates that it will relax some of the OSHA regulations and enforcement practices put in place by the current head of OSHA, it appears that penalty increases are here to stay.
OSHA’s recent changes to numerous regulations related to mandatory reporting, recordkeeping, whistleblower protection, electronic filings, retaliation and drug testing policies make it imperative to update your policies and be certain you are in compliance.
Now is the time to be sure your organization is prepared if OSHA shows up for an inspection. The Illinois Chamber of Commerce hosts a 90 minute webinar to help employers prepare for an OSHA inspection and reduce liability exposures. Jon Hoag will discuss:
- Preparing your employees for an OSHA visit, including compliance and recordkeeping requirements
- Your rights as an employer
- What to do if/when OSHA arrives
- What to expect after an OSHA inspection
- What to do if you receive a citation