Did you know that many employees are under the impression that restrictive covenants are not enforceable? Frequently, we see this misperception on display early in the calendar year, as employees quit, join a competitor, and solicit their former customers. Are you ready to handle that scenario? Have you reviewed your contracts lately?
Join us for the next installment of our quarterly labor and employment series as we focus on all aspects of non-compete agreements and provide practical pointers for employers.
Jeff Glass will guide attendees through:
- What you can do if a former employee is soliciting your customers
- Recent changes to the law and how they impact employers’ rights
- How to draft contracts for maximum protection
- Sticky issues like signing bonuses, roll-outs of restrictive covenants to an existing workforce, and multi-state restrictive covenant issues
- Options for protecting your business in court if you do not have a restrictive covenant in place
We hope you can join us!
Thursday, February 4, 2016; 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm CT
Call-in and webinar details will be provided upon registration.
CLE - Illinois; 1 hour
HRCI - credit pending; 1 hour