Union activity continues to create challenges for private sector employees of all sizes, shapes and industries. Jeffrey Risch will be addressing key labor law developments that continue to impact management’s ability to maintain a union-free work environment.
The interactive, half day seminar will provide multiple real life examples and up-to-date information that business owners, officers, managers and human resource professionals must have in 2017.
Employers must be proactive in order to manage the threat of union organizing today or responding to union pickets, boycotts and other problems. The seminar will teach attendees key concepts such as:
- The current state of organized labor in the United States (from a local and regional perspective)
- How unions are "marketing" themselves to today's workforce
- Assessing employer vulnerabilities to union organizing
- Effective employee communication programs
- Processes supervisors and managers should take to proactively manage the workforce
- The "ins and outs" of avoiding unfair labor practices
- Managing pickets, banners and secondary boycotts