Like most employers, you probably have an employee handbook, but when did you last review and update its contents? Are you sure your handbook complies with current laws? Will your handbook stand up to increased scrutiny by the EEOC or NLRB? Will your handbook get you into trouble in your next employee lawsuit?
Employment laws and regulations are ever-changing which means every few years, you need to dust off that handbook and give it a proper evaluation.
Join Jeff Risch and Noah Frank in this Illinois Chamber of Commerce program as they guide you through effectively using an employee handbook and identify top employee handbook mistakes that could cost you. Jon and Mike will discuss:
- The purpose of an employee handbook;
- What should be included in an employee handbook;
- Privacy, workplace searches and drug testing policies;
- Preserving the at-will employment relationship;
- Ineffective handbook language to avoid;
- What to do when there is a union workforce; and
- Other common employee handbook mistakes.