A business's success or failure is directly linked to the employees. It is crucial for human resource personnel to legally manage labor and employment policies, documents and employee procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws. The regulatory landscape of employment law is constantly evolving.
This program will get you up to date on handbook must-haves, wage and hour requirements, employee leave policies, and hot-button issues related to social media usage and employee monitoring. Utilize the latest best practices that not only protect employers from costly litigation and penalties but also effectively manage employees. Partner Jon Hoag will specifically discuss dealing with the troubled employee and focus on:
- Evaluating performance
- Discipline plans and proper documentation
- Legal vs. Illegal termination reasons
- Retaliation claims and employee discipline
- Severance packages and separation pay
- Compliance exit interviews