With employers focused on complying with the Affordable Care Act and avoiding government penalties and excise taxes, little attention has been paid to the risks employers face from their own employees.
Join us for the next installment of our quarterly labor and employment series as we focus on employer liability under the ACA.
Kelly Haab-Tallitsch will guide attendees through:
- How managing employee hours under the ACA led to a major class action suit alleging unlawful interference with employees’ rights to benefits under ERISA
- ERISA 510 claims for interference with benefits
- Steps to take to reduce risk of a claim
- How to avoid a whistleblower claim under the ACA’s whistleblower provisions
- Protected employee activities
- Avoiding retaliation claims
- Potential penalties
We hope you can join us!
Thursday, May 5, 2016
12:00 pm CT - 1:15 pm CT
CLE - Illinois; 1 Hour
HRCI - credit pending; 1 Hour
**Webinar details will be provided upon registration