The Illinois Chamber of Commerce presents an hour long webinar on patents, “Patents: Friend or Foe.” Connie Lindman, chair of the firm's Intellectual Property Group, and Kelly Smith, associate in the group, will provide basic steps and benefits of obtaining patent protection as well as avoiding or resolving patent claims made by third parties. The webinar will take place on Thursday, August 14, 2014 from 10:30 am - 11:30 am. Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify patentable subject matter
- Analyze the cost/benefit of obtaining patents
- Better understand the patent process
- Reduce the risk of patent infringement claims
- Handle if you receive a patent cease and desist letter.