Your organization worked hard establishing its mission and obtaining tax exemption. Don’t jeopardize what your organization has built!
The next webinar in our quarterly not-for-profit series will provide real life examples of how organizations have accidentally lost their tax exempt status, including:
- The executive director who failed to file the organization’s annual return;
- The board that expanded the activities of the organization outside what has been reported to the IRS;
- The staffer who contacted her state legislature to advocate the rejection of legislation; and
- The volunteer who entered into a services contract with the organization.
You will learn how to:
- Effectively operate within your exempt purpose;
- Handle transactions;
- Review annual reporting obligations;
- Avoid exemption pitfalls; and
- Deal with what happens when your exemption is blown away.
All directors, officers and employees of exempt organizations will take away valuable information from this webinar. Actions that can jeopardize your organization’s tax exemption can occur at any level. It is important to keep these hazards top of mind and review them periodically.
We hope you can join us!