Jeff Risch and Rebecca Dobbs, partners in the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group, will present a seminar on best practices when handling unemployment disputes on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 in Elk Grove Village, IL.
During this seminar, “Unemployment Insurance 101: Assessing and Responding to Claims for U.I. Benefits,” Jeff and Rebecca will discuss methods for achieving prompt and cost-efficient resolutions to employee benefit claims. Participants will receive practical advice on how to evaluate different situations and determine if a former employee is eligible for unemployment insurance benefits. This seminar is designed for human resources professionals, business owners and managers, controllers, payroll professionals, accountants, and attorneys. Rebecca will serve as one of two faculty members while Jeff will act as moderator for this seminar. Seminar overview:
- Stay updated on general insurance coverage issues
- Find out what you need to know regarding employee eligibility issues and problems
- Determine which former employees are ineligible or disqualified for benefits
- Navigate the mechanics and process of an unemployment insurance claim
- Learn important information regarding litigating and appealing disputes
This seminar is hosted by Lorman Education Services and is approved to offer registered attendees a total of 6.5 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board. For more information click here.