Samantha Esmond will present this webinar from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. CDT on April 9, 2013 to show employers how to structure hiring policies and procedures that minimize legal liability. The hiring decision is one of the most important and difficult determinations that employers can face in addition to making your organization susceptible to liability. During this webinar, hosted by the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Samantha will review:
- Recent developments in employer liability for job applicant background and screening checks, with an eye on the latest EEOC developments;
- Using criminal history in employment decisions;
- Types of information that employers are forbidden from using;
- Using social media in making hiring decisions; and
- How employers can balance their duty to conduct due diligence background
- checks on applicants against their duty not to discriminate in employment decisions.