Attorneys in our retail group handle all types of claims involved in the retail field, both before and after claims are filed. We provide clients with both defense trial skills and assistance in reducing overall risks. Our goal is to partner with our clients to handle their business matters most efﬁciently, through training, response, and ultimate litigation, if needed.
Our attorneys are experienced in all areas of litigation, including trial and utilization of alternative dispute resolution techniques. We have decades of trial experience, but also will advocate the use of mediation and pre-trial conferences to resolve cases where appropriate. In addition, group members serve as independent arbitrators and have served as arbitrators for the Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program.
Our attorneys are available to assist in the investigation of major retail-related claims. We formulate on-site defense strategies, protect privileged communications, and counsel employees.
Areas of Practice
Our attorneys are speciﬁcally trained to defend the types of claims faced by retailers including:
- Premises Liability (such as falling merchandise and slip and fall claims)
- Product Liability, including indemnification and reviewing/drafting vendor contracts
- Malicious Prosecution/False Arrest
- Third-Party Criminal Acts
- Pharmacy Liability
- Providing emergency response services during catastrophic incidents
We provide our clients with:
- Detailed initial evaluations and defense plans, within 60 to 90 days;
- Settlement options such as our Pre-Trial Conference Program and/or plans for Alternative Dispute Resolution; and
- Claim prevention (including store employee and adjuster training).
News & Press Releases
- USLAW, May 2018
- Law360, May 28, 2018
- October 27, 2017
- Equality Illinois, August 1, 2017
- The American Lawyer, August 2016
- Equality Illinois, July 8, 2016
- April 25, 2016
- Above the Law, April 18, 2016
- Missouri Lawyers Media, April 14, 2016
- Above the Law, April 13, 2016
Presentations & Events
- USLAW Network; Webinar, January 9, 2018