University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2010
University of Chicago, B.A., 2007, with honors
Yesha recognizes the changes and challenges that are on the horizon for businesses. Her team was instrumental in petitioning the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to consider retroactive waivers for violations that subject businesses to millions of dollars in liability. Yesha regularly serves clients dealing with consumer fraud and marketing related issues, product defect, breach of contract, and violations of statutes and regulations, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), FCC regulations, the Fair & Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), and state consumer fraud statutes such as the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business practices Act. She defends clients ranging from small businesses to publicly traded, multimillion dollar companies in a wide variety of class action cases in federal and state courts across the country.
Additionally, Yesha has experience defending environmental and toxic tort claims on behalf of clients in industries like manufacturing and construction.
Yesha is fluent in Hindi and Gujarati and speaks conversational French and Arabic. When she is not in the office she enjoys exploring new places. So far, she has been to Germany, Austria, The Czech Republic, Hungary, France, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Egypt, India and Japan.
- Received honorable mention for best oral argument at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Competition in Vienna, Austria
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Represented a client in two TCPA class actions where the first was voluntarily dismissed and the second was won on summary judgment
- Represented a client in a TCPA class action wherein our motion to strike class allegations was granted, substantially lowering the client’s potential liability
- Successfully petitioned the FCC to reconsider penalties for violations of certain regulations, resulting in an FCC order considering retroactive waivers for violations of those regulations
News & Press Releases
- Miami-Dade Looks To Dodge Privacy Suit Over Receipts - Law360 Article Mentions Eric Samore, Albert Bower, and Yesha HoeppnerLaw360, May 4, 2017
- March 9, 2017
- Cirque US Arm Wants Out Of TCPA Junk Fax Complaint - Law360 Article Mentions Eric Samore, Molly Arranz, and Yesha HoeppnerLaw360, November 2, 2016
- Cirque Du Soleil Deposit Won't Ax TCPA Suit Yet, Judge Says - Law360 Eric Samore, Molly Arranz, and Yesha HoeppnerLaw360, October 3, 2016
- Fla. Court Asked To Reopen Card Receipt Row After Spokeo - Law360 Article Mentions Eric Samore, Albert Bower, and Yesha HoeppnerLaw360, May 17, 2016
- Cirque Du Soleil Can't End TCPA Suit With Payment: Group - Law360 Article Mentions Eric Samore, Molly Arranz and Yesha HoeppnerLaw360, March 11, 2016
- Cirque Wants Stay, Group Wants Cert. In Junk Fax Fight - Law 360 article mentions Eric Samore, Molly Arranz and Yesha HoeppnerLaw360, December 17, 2015
- August 3, 2015
- Earlier Suit Didn't Pause Clock For TCPA Suit, 11th Circ. Says - Law360 Article Mentions SmithAmundsenLaw360, August 3, 2015
- Indiana Bankers Association, December 8, 2017