The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2008
University of Illinois, B.S., 2004
There are limitless opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs with vision, enthusiasm and forward-thinking legal counsel. Bill helps clients achieve their goals with this in mind, presenting them with creative and cost-effective solutions in all forms of transactional practice and litigation.
For more than five years, clients have appreciated Bill’s forthright communication and thorough understanding of their legal needs. He consistently demonstrates his commitment to exceeding client expectations when handling such matters as breach of contract, construction defect and personal injury lawsuits, enforcement of judgment issues, contract drafting assistance, risk management, OSHA compliance issues, insurance coverage opinions and litigation, premises liability and construction delay. Bill also works comfortably within the realms of insurance coverage, appellate practice, first-party property insurance disputes and premises liability.
As an associate in SmithAmundsen’s construction group, Bill utilizes his collaborative nature and innovative approach to protect the interests of architecture and engineering firms, contractors, developers and insurers. During a recent jury trial, he helped the defense team obtain a favorable verdict for his client, a Chicago-based architecture firm, in a professional malpractice lawsuit with a $3 million jury demand.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of "Rising Stars": 2015, 2016, 2017
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Defense Research Institute; American College of Legal Medicine
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 38 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
- Construction-Fraud Claims Subject to Five-Year “Catch-All” Statute of LimitationsFGPPR Newsletter, April 2014
Presentations & Events
- SmithAmundsen, Lombard, IL, February 11, 2016