The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2004, cum laude
Member, John Marshall Law Review
University of Dayton, B.A., 1998, cum laude
When people in the transportation industry find themselves facing probable litigation Tanya provides the honest counseling and thorough representation they need. She represents clients in all types of civil litigation from contract disputes to catastrophic injury.
As part of SmithAmundsen’s Rapid Response Team, Tanya coordinates immediate responses to catastrophic accidents. She gets an early evaluation of significant accidents, ensures the preservation of evidence and protects attorney client privilege. The insight she gains at each accident site helps her successfully resolve matters for her clients.
Her success is not limited to the courtroom. While she wins favorable trial verdicts, she also achieves favorable results through mediation, arbitration and settlement negotiations.
Tanya is a student mentor at The John Marshall Law School and a volunteer in its Moot Court and Trial Advocacy programs. When she is not working, she is spending time with her family and attending activities at her children’s school.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Chicago Bar Association; American Bar Association; Defense Research Institute (DRI); Women’s Bar Association of Illinois (WBAI); Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC)
News & Press Releases
- 38 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
- January 3, 2013
- SmithAmundsen Attorneys Named to Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Listings by Law and Politics MagazineJanuary 2012
- April 11, 2011
- The Legal Definitions of ‘First ResponderNational Cooperative Highway Research Program, NCHRP Project 20-59(41), Research Results Digest 385, November 2013
Presentations & Events
- Social Networking, the Internet, Claims and Litigation2012 USLAW Women’s Collection, Austin, TX, April 27 - 28, 2012
- Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus - Language Differences in the Legal ArenaUSLAW Webinar, January 14, 2015
- The Motor Carrier and Some Things You Should KnowUSLAW Trucking Boot Camp IV, Omaha, NE, August 2012
- Rapid Response - What Client Expectations AreOmaha, NE, August 2012
- Transportation: How to Investigate, Defend, and Resolve Truck Accident ClaimsCLM seminar, Oakbrook Terrace, IL, November 10, 2011
- Rapid Response – What to do when the Call Comes InUSLAW Trucking Boot Camp III, Omaha, NE, August 2010
- Being Prepared – Some Alternative Considerations for Minimizing Risk, Protecting Your Company and Doing Business Just a Little Bit BetterInternational Warehouse Logistics Association, March 2010