Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 1997
Indiana University, B.A., 1993
Employers in all industries are bombarded with ever-changing and increasingly cumbersome regulation, not only from the federal government and its agencies, but also a patchwork of state and local laws. Suzanne helps her clients navigate these obstacles by getting to know their business and tailoring employment policies that are both legally compliant and workable for their unique operation.
A skilled litigator, Suzanne’s jury trial experience spans an array of industries including commercial aviation, hotel and hospitality, manufacturing, banking, nonprofit, and the public sector and she vigorously represents clients facing litigation through all phases of the process. However, whenever possible Suzanne uses the insight gained through years of defending businesses facing litigation as well as her earlier experience as a plaintiff’s side employment attorney, to help her clients spot and diffuse potential problems before they become litigation. By guiding her clients through complex personnel issues in real time, Suzanne often helps them avoid litigation and quickly return to running their business.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Indiana State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section; Indianapolis Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section; Woodruff Place Civic League (Board of Directors from 2009-2012); Indianapolis Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management SHRM (Legislative Affairs Committee)
- Director of Legislative Affairs: Indianapolis Chapter Society for Human Resource Management
- Board of Directors: Kids Discovery Factory (formerly Explore 2 Learn Children’s Museum)
News & Press Releases
- The Herald - Tribune, September 8, 2015
- May 16, 2013
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Presentations & Events
- Harry Caray's, Lombard, IL, September 28, 2016
- National Association of Women Business Owners; Seminar, Indianapolis, IN, September 15, 2016
- Indiana Health Care Association, French Lick, IN, April 20, 2016
- Sunman Chamber of Commerce, Sunman, IN, August 25, 2015
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Matteson, IL, June 2, 2015
- Forms for Illinois EmployersIllinois Chamber of Commerce, Effingham, IL, January 29, 2015
- Managing Employee Medical Leaves, FMLA, ADA and Worker's CompensationSunman Area and Ripley County Chambers of Commerce, Sunman, IN, August 21, 2014
- Merrillville, IN, May 8, 2014