Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., 2006
Miami University, B.S. 2003, cum laude
Steve has been honing his litigation skills since high school when he began competing in mock trial competitions. Inspired by his coaches, Steve became a litigator and he still enjoys the challenge today. He does what is necessary to exceed his clients’ expectations.
Steve’s practice is devoted to defending clients in various litigation matters. His clients include construction companies, manufacturers, banks, businesses and individuals that he regularly defends in liability claims. Steve always puts the clients’ needs first and is result driven. His unique health care, construction, and financial background make him a valuable resource in litigation cases that frequently involve issues touching upon each of those practice areas.
Outside the office Steve champions causes for the special needs community. Steve served on the Chasing Dreams Inc. board of directors for two years, supporting those with developmental disabilities and other special needs in the community.
- Selected to the Indiana Super Lawyers "Rising Star" List: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Named an Emerging Young Attorney in the Northwest Indiana Business Quarterly: 2014
- Recognized as “20 Under 40” by the Northwest Indiana Times: 2014
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Miami University Alumni Association; Indianapolis Bar Association; Deploy Indy
- Indiana State Bar Association: Member; Legal Ethics Committee; Leadership Development Academy Participant, Class of 2018
- Has obtained defense verdicts in complex health care and other matters
- Successful resolution of hundreds of other litigation matters for various clients in different industries, including construction, health care, manufacturing, banking, foreclosure, insolvency, bankruptcy and business
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, February 20, 2018
- SmithAmundsen, February 2017
- September 2016
- 9 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Indiana Super Lawyers and 2016 Indiana Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, February 12, 2016
Presentations & Events
- Webinar, June 3, 2016