Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., 2006
Miami University, B.S. 2003, cum laude
Steve has been honing his litigation skills since high school when he began competing in mock trial competitions. Inspired by his coaches, Steve became a litigator and he still enjoys the challenge today. He does what is necessary to exceed his clients’ expectations.
Steve’s practice is devoted to defending clients in various litigation matters. As a member of our Health Care Practice Group, he represents health care organizations and individuals in complex litigation matters. Steve regularly defends hospitals, nursing homes, long term care facilities and physicians in complex contract disputes, medical malpractice, premises liability and other matters. As a member of our Insolvency & Restructuring Practice Group, Steve represents banks and other secured and unsecured creditors in loan workouts, foreclosure and bankruptcy proceedings.
Outside the office Steve champions causes for the special needs community. Steve served on the Chasing Dreams Inc. board of directors for two years, supporting those with developmental disabilities and other special needs in the community.
- Selected to the Indiana Super Lawyers "Rising Star" List: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named an Emerging Young Attorney in the Northwest Indiana Business Quarterly: 2014
- Recognized as “20 Under 40” by the Northwest Indiana Times: 2014
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Indiana Bar Association; Miami University Alumni Association; Indianapolis Bar Association; Deploy Indy
- Obtained a defense verdict for a home health care agency in a jury trial alleging failure to appropriately communicate severity of condition to physician and failure to appropriately educate patient regarding condition
- Successfully defended a hospital in a jury trial against allegations for failure to appropriately assess patient and notify physicians
- Successfully defended hospital and several physician hospitalists in a week-long jury trial alleging failure to diagnose a medical complication
- Obtained defense verdict for hospital and emergency room physician in a wrongful-death trial involving a 14 year-old boy
- Successful representation of hospital and general surgeon in a jury trial alleging negligent surgical follow-up
Achieved favorable results as counsel for banks in numerous loan workouts, foreclosures and bankruptcy proceedings
News & Press Releases
Presentations & Events
- Webinar, June 3, 2016