University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude
University of Illinois Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations, M.H.R.I.R., 2005
University of Illinois, B.S., 2002
Steve is passionate about defending business owners who are committed to proactively implementing policies and procedures that minimize legal exposure and maximize potential for success. Through creative advocacy and thorough counseling, Steve has helped clients obtain favorable results to some of the most potentially devastating issues.
With nearly 10 years of experience, Steve concentrates his practice exclusively in labor and employment law. His representations include claims involving discrimination and harassment; wage and hour; union grievances and unfair labor practice charges; and handbook and policy review. In his trial counsel and defense, Steve protects the interest of clients in the manufacturing, construction and trucking industries, as well as local government agencies.
In college, Steve was captivated by psychology courses that exposed him to federal employment discrimination statutes and resulting judicial opinions. He credits them for his desire to work with the law to persuade arbiters and adversaries on behalf of clients whose businesses he believes in.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association; Human Resource Association of Greater Oak Brook (SHRM); Chamber 630, Downers Grove-Woodridge Area Chamber of Commerce
- Unemployment Insurance Committee, Illinois Chamber of Commerce Employment Law Council
- Obtained favorable settlement for client in potential class and collective action wage and hour lawsuit
Presentations & Events
- SmithAmundsen, Seminar; Chicago, IL, February 16, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, October 28, 2016
- SmithAmundsen Hosts University of Illinois College of Law Students for Their “Expedition to the Profession” DaySmithAmundsen, Seminar; Chicago, IL, October 6, 2016
- Webinar, October 1, 2014
- October 17, 2013