The John Marshall Law School, J.D.
Webster University, M.B.A.
Northeastern Illinois University, B.A.
For more than 10 years, Stepfon has concentrated his practice in the representation of government entities; management-side employment counsel; and real estate matters. His representations typically include police liability (excessive force / false arrest), workplace injury and wrongful termination claims.
An effective communicator who is quick to respond, Stepfon recently obtained two not guilty verdicts in a negligence action brought by customers of a transportation company. He also recently received a jury verdict awarding 30% contributory negligence when defending a client accused of striking a pedestrian with a motor vehicle. As defense counsel for a hospital, Stepfon obtained a judgment denying over $31,000 in medical bills in a case involving an alleged work- related accident through the use of a medical expert.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2014, 2015
- Obtained two not guilty verdicts in a negligence action brought by customers of a transportation company
- Received a jury verdict awarding 30% contributory negligence when defending a client accused of striking a pedestrian with a motor vehicle
- For a public entity, obtained summary judgment in a case involving an allegation of employee negligence
- Obtained case dismissal in a premises liability case arguing the defense of natural accumulation
- As defense counsel for a hospital, obtained a judgment denying over $31,000.00 in medical bills in a case involving an alleged work related accident, through the use of a credible medical expert
- As defense counsel for several insureds of a local property and casualty insurer, obtained not guilty verdicts in five separate and distinct subrogation actions brought by insurance carriers
- Obtained various other case dismissals via dispositive motion and significantly reduced verdicts in Cook, Kane, and Will Counties in the State of Illinois
News & Press Releases
- Proviso East students say they faced discipline for wearing T-shirts supporting fired coachABC7 Chicago, February 16, 2015
- January 2013
- March 19, 2012
Presentations & Events
- Conrad Hotel in Chicago, August 23, 2012