Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D., 2006, magna cum laude
Northern Illinois University, B.S., 2000
As a former human resources consultant, Rebecca has a unique understanding of the legal landmines her clients face every day. Hot topic issues like employee benefits, executive compensation and ERISA can be exceedingly difficult for employers to navigate without strong and dedicated counsel. Rebecca thoughtfully and skillfully provides management with advice and counsel in employee benefit compliance, administration issues and employment litigation.
Additionally, Rebecca represents employers in various matters arising under federal and state employment laws, including wage and hour claims and audits, discrimination and retaliation claims and contract disputes. She also helps employers navigate the quagmire of health care reform compliance.
When she is not working she is actively participating in local events and fundraising efforts within her community of Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.
Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of “Rising Stars”: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Memberships & Involvement
Member: American Bar Association; Kane County Bar Association; Illinois State Bar Association; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; Wisconsin State Bar Association; National Society of Human Resource Management; Prairie du Chien Chamber of Commerce; American Benefits Council
Past President: Illinois Fox Valley Society of Human Resource Management
Board Member: Crossing Rivers Health Foundation
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 37 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
- January 3, 2013
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, 2013-2015
Presentations & Events
- Lorman Education Services, Webinar, December 21, 2015
- Prairie du Chien Area Chamber of Commerce, Prairie du Chien, WI, December 17, 2015
- True Partners Consulting LLC., The Naumoff Group, RBN & Associates, Inc., Chicago, IL, March 30, 2015
- Bolingbrook, IL, February 19, 2014
- Webinar, January 29, 2014
- Naperville, IL, October 23, 2013
- Tinley Park, IL, October 10, 2013
- September 11, 2013
- Employment & Labor Law for Illinois Employers- 2013 Power SeminarIllinois Chamber of Commerce, August 7, 2013
- Lisle, IL, July 11, 2013
- Bolingbrook, IL, June 11, 2013
- The Changing Health Insurance LandscapeGreater Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce, May 28, 2013
- Maggiano’s Littly Italy, Naperville, IL, May 7, 2013
- The DuPage Club, Oakbrook Terrace, IL, May 6, 2013
- First Mid Illinois Bank & Trust Corp. Headquarters, May 1, 2013
- Lisle, IL, April 23, 2013
- Webinar, March 20, 2013