Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1997
Indiana University, B.S., 1994, High Distinction
To Phillip’s clients he is more than a lawyer; he is a trusted advisor. He knows that there is often a larger business issue behind the immediate legal problem and he works to resolve it, always keeping the client’s specific goals in mind. As a member of our Commercial Litigation Practice Group, Phil defends corporations and their owners, officers and directors in complex business litigation. He regularly handles contract disputes, trade secret and intellectual property disputes, zoning and other real estate disputes, trust and fiduciary disputes and professional liability matters. His clients operate in a myriad of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, real estate development and professional services.
Outside the office Phillip serves on committees of the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis and the Indianapolis Zoo.
- Selected to Indiana Super Lawyers: 2014, 2015, 2016
- Indianapolis Bar Association: Distinguished Fellow
- Selected as one of Indy's Best and Brightest by the Junior Achievement of Central Indiana: 2009
- Named Pro Bono Attorney of the Year by the Indianapolis Bar Association: 2010
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Indianapolis Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Past Chair: Indiana State Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Former Chair: USLAW, E-discovery Committee
- Obtained judgment for client in large, complex dispute involving the licensing of carpet recycling technology and various other contractual disputes
- Obtained judgment for client in contractual dispute regarding sensor coating services for opponent’s Singapore operations
- Obtained summary judgment for client in lawsuit regarding steel inspection services improperly performed by opponent
- Obtained judgment for client in contracted dispute regarding the sale of client’s business