University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, J.D., 2005
Drake University, B.A., B.S., 2002
As a vocal music major in college Patrick learned a lot about logic, organization and performance - all skills he relies on as an attorney. He uses those skills to help clients resolve difficult issues. He always wanted to be a problem solver and for him there is nothing more gratifying than finding the right solution and putting his clients at ease.
Patrick litigates a wide range of matters and defends clients in complex business litigation, insurance disputes, contract disputes and appellate issues. He has ten years’ experience handling all aspects of complex insurance and commercial litigation, including toxic tort and insurance coverage. His trial experience includes serving as appellate oversight counsel, preparing dispositive motions, and supervising post-trial proceedings regarding issues likely to give rise to appeals. He has prepared hundreds of coverage opinions to insurance clients and has helped insurers successfully navigate changing laws and judicial temperaments. He has successfully briefed and argued cases at the state court of appeals and Supreme Court levels and in the United States Court of Appeals and has witnessed a shift to a more plaintiff-friendly judiciary. Patrick’s experience in appellate law qualifies him to help clients navigate the changing courts.
When Patrick is not in the office, he loves to be outside. As he puts it, he never stopped playing in the dirt. Community gardening is one of his favorite hobbies; he is a certified master gardener and is on the Young Friends Council of the Missouri Botanical Garden.
- Selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2012-2015
- Received Missouri Lawyers Award for Largest Settlement in the State of Missouri: 2015
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (MODL); Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- Appellate victory finding Missouri’s medical bill presumption statute applicable to uninsured motorist cases as a matter of first impression, effectively reducing the value of every UM claim brought in Missouri
- Summary judgment and later appellate court decision upholding an insurer’s anti-stacking language in an auto liability matter despite minimum financial responsibility laws and alleged ambiguity in the policy
- Appellate victory in the Missouri Supreme Court overturning a lower court’s adverse ruling in a commercial fraud action
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, November 3, 2016
- Patrick Bousquet Receives Missouri Lawyers Award for Largest Settlement in the State of Missouri for 2015Missouri Lawyers Weekly, January 29, 2016