IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2000
Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism, M.S. (Integrated Marketing Communications)
Northwestern University, B.S., 1994
Television and movie portrayals of attorneys can lead to a romanticized notion of the job for some people. Not so for Nick. He knew that being an attorney was not as Hollywood portrayed and has never taken for granted the hard work and dedication it takes to be given the responsibility of carrying the burdens of his clients.
Nick has served as a trusted advisor to a wide range of clients in multiple industries for the last 15 years. Nick is a fearless litigator and regularly handles issues like premises liability, dram shop, construction and automotive litigation matters. He protects the interests of school districts, forest preserve districts, zoological societies, homeowners, condominium associations, construction-related entities and other business entities.
Outside the office, Nick teaches legal research and writing courses at Loyola University Chicago’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies Institute for Paralegal Studies, where he was selected by students as the 2016 Professor of the Year for excellence in adult learning. As co-chair of the firm’s diversity committee, Nick helps to ensure that the firm is a welcoming place for employees of every diverse perspective.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2008, 2009
Memberships & Involvement
- Co-chair: SmithAmundsen Diversity Committee
- At trial, successfully defended popular local pub in a joint negligence and dram shop action wherein the court allowed a 5.01 missing evidence instruction against the pub but the Cook County Jury nevertheless awarded an outright Not Guilty Verdict
- At Binding Arbitration, successfully defended employer in a wrongful death case where it was claimed that the agent of the employer struck and killed a pedestrian.
- In Motion Practice, successfully defended zoological societies and forest preserve districts by achieving a multitude of dismissals with prejudice involving a variety of claims
News & Press Releases
- June 25, 2014
Presentations & Events
- June 23, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, February 16, 2016; March 9, 2016
- Park Hyatt, Chicago, IL, February 18, 2016
- Chicago, IL, June 25, 2015
- 150 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 3300, Chicago IL, 60601, February 19, 2015
- SmithAmundsen's Chicago Office, February 27, 2014