IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1999, with honors
University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, B.S., 1996
Mari Ann acts as legal adviser to the firm concerning matters of firm governance. She is responsible for recommending and drafting firm policies and advising senior management with respect to the legal implications of various policies implemented by the firm. She also provides education, advice, and counsel to the firm’s lawyers regarding matters of firm policy, professional responsibility, and ethics, assisting with compliance and minimizing risk to the firm.
Mari Ann handles insurance matters for the firm, and she negotiates, reviews, and approves material contracts between the firm and third parties. Mari Ann is also the firm’s primary contact for Medicare Secondary Payer Act compliance questions.
Prior to becoming Assistant General Counsel, Mari Ann’s practice included extra-contractual liability and bad faith claims, construction litigation/injuries and defects, and automobile/common carrier defense.
- USLAW Magazine, Spring 2011
Presentations & Events
- Conflicts of InterestSmithAmundsen In-House CLE, June 2014
- The Medicare Secondary Payer Act, 2012-2013 UpdatesClient Seminar, June 18, 2013
- Answering Supreme Court Rule 214 Discovery and Claiming PrivilegesSmithAmundsen In-House CLE, November 2012
- Conflicts of InterestSmithAmundsen In-House CLE, July 2012
- MSPA & MMSEA Update 2011Client Seminar, June 14, 2011
- Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation’s 18th Annual Corporation Counsel/Defense Counsel ForumStevens Point, WI, September 24, 2010