Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2008
University of Illinois, B.S., 2005
Kristen is known for being poised and professional in the courtroom. When arguments intensify, she maintains her composure and confidently advocates for her clients. She has successfully tried cases in both state and federal court. She also realizes that frequently the best outcome for her clients is to resolve business problems with business solutions, and the fact that she is a formidable courtroom adversary helps to keep her clients out of court, with favorable resolution of disputed issues.
A member of the Construction and Commercial Litigation Practice Groups, Kristen represents general contractors, sub-contractors and others in the industry. She has successfully represented clients facing construction defect, personal injury and property damage claims, as well as complex breach of contract issues.
Outside the office, Kristen is active in LAF (formerly Legal Assistance Foundation), a nonprofit legal aid organization, where she serves as communications chair for its Young Professionals Board. She is also a visible, active and respected member of the Women's Bar Association of Illinois.
- Selected by the Leading Lawyers Network as an “Emerging Lawyer” in Commercial Litigation and Products Liability Defense
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Memberships & Involvement
- Communications Chair: LAF Young Professionals Board
- Board of Directors: Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Member: Chicago Bar Association
- Represented subcontractor in a personal injuries case where plaintiff claimed he was permanently injured and sought future damages
- Successfully assisted in a mediating, and ultimately settling, a claim for architectural malpractice where the owner of a residential property claimed the architect negligently designed the residence resulting in deflection of the home’s flooring
- Assisted in preparation for a trial brought on by a subcontractor who fell from the balcony of the worksite and sought several million dollars in past and future damages
News & Press Releases
- March 15, 2018
- SmithAmundsen, January 25, 2018
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 36 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- Looking Back: The WBAI Celebrates 100 Years of HistoryAttorney at Law Magazine, 2014