University of Notre Dame, J.D., 2004
Illinois Wesleyan University, B.A., 2001
Ken has protected the interests of clients in the legal, architecture, engineering, insurance, real estate and construction industries for more than 10 years. Ken’s practice primarily involves civil litigation, typically focusing on the defense of professionals.
As co-chair of the firm’s Professional Liability Group, Ken represents clients in many different professions and industries, including those involved in the practice of law, insurance, real estate, those in the construction industry and those involved in the property preservation industry. In addition to handling civil litigation, Ken also represents professionals before various state and federal agencies, including the ARDC and the Illinois Department of Human Rights.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Insurance Law Committee; Illinois Association of Defense Council; Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Achieved summary judgment on a legal malpractice claim based upon the statute of repose despite countless allegations of fraud and deception that typically waives the defense
- Achieved summary judgment on a legal malpractice claim based upon res judicata based upon prior rulings in the underlying litigation
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 37 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015
Presentations & Events
- Going Ugly Early: The benefits and implications on a claim or potential claim if you do and the potential problems if you don’tPLUS Midwest, 2015