DePaul University College of Law, L.L.M, Intellectual Property Law, 2014
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 2011
Indiana University, B.A., 2007
Kay prides herself on the thoroughness with which she conducts legal research and case analysis, as well as her straightforwardness with clients when communicating her evaluation of their case. She focuses her practice on tort litigation and intellectual property law. Kay frequently handles personal injury lawsuits, contract negotiation, and copyright and trademark infringement claims and procurement.
Kay has successfully briefed and argued several dispositive motions in a wide range of tort matters, including, but not limited to, products liability, defamation, Illinois Animal Control Act claims and premises actions.
Outside the office, Kay helps to instill an appreciation for the arts in young people by serving on the board of directors of a local youth symphony. In this role she works to help kids develop skills such as leadership, teamwork and a commitment to service.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois Bar Association
- March 4, 2016
- September 25, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- November 13, 2014
- Think About Whom You May Be Offending Before Choosing Your Mark: A Lesson From The Washington Redskins Trademark CancellationJune 20, 2014
- What the Media Isn’t Telling You About the Redskins LawsuitIndyBar, November 7, 2014
- The Indiana Lawyer, July 20, 2014
Presentations & Events
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, June 30, 2015