DePaul University College of Law, L.L.M, Intellectual Property Law, 2014
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 2011
Indiana University, B.A., 2007
Kay prides herself on the thoroughness with which she conducts legal research and case analysis, as well as her straightforwardness with clients when communicating her evaluation of their case. Many of those clients include insurance companies, small businesses and entertainment professionals. Her practice is focused on civil litigation, insurance defense and intellectual property matters.
Kay regularly defends business owners and homeowners facing lawsuits involving premises liability, defamation and breach of contract claims. She aids small to mid-size businesses and startups in securing and defending trademark registrations. Kay assists those in the entertainment industry, such as musicians, artist and authors, in securing licensing and defending copyright registrations for their work. She also reviews, negotiates and drafts contracts with publishers, managers and agents.
Outside the office, Kay serves on a regional Young Professional Board for a non-profit that runs orphanages throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, helping to raise money in order to provide food, shelter, clothing, education and medical care in each orphanage.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section; Kane County Bar Association; American Bar Association
News & Press Releases
- March 9, 2017
- March 4, 2016
- September 25, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- November 13, 2014
- Think About Whom You May Be Offending Before Choosing Your Mark: A Lesson From The Washington Redskins Trademark CancellationJune 20, 2014
- What the Media Isn’t Telling You About the Redskins LawsuitIndyBar, November 7, 2014
- The Indiana Lawyer, July 20, 2014
Presentations & Events
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, June 30, 2015