The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1997, cum laude
Executive Managing Editor, The John Marshall Journal of Computer & Information Law
Miami University, B.A., 1994
Katie has successfully litigated complex cases on behalf of corporate clients for more than 17 years. Katie routinely counsels clients on insurance-related matters involving underlying toxic and mass tort claims, environmental claims, property damage claims, product liability claims, transportation and maritime claims, and professional liability claims. Katie has significant experience in civil litigation and mediation involving insurance coverage disputes representing small and larger insurers in actions nationwide for damages and declaratory relief. She provides counsel to clients at all stages of litigation including identifying ways to mitigate risk and minimize exposure. Katie also has a general litigation background involving general commercial and contractual disputes. Katie is a member of the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society in which membership is limited to 3,500 Fellows, or one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
When not working, Katie spends her time with her husband, three young children and dog. She volunteers within the community, her children's school and a charitable organization composed of developers, architects, general contractors, suppliers and subcontractors in the Chicagoland area who bundle their resources and abilities to provide construction services to those that can least afford them.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers List: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association; Defense Research Institute; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Junior Board Member: Contractors Rallied About Servicing and Helping (CRASH), 2005- Present
- Fellow: Litigation Counsel of America
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 38 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- January 12, 2015