Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2012
Bucknell University, B.S., 2009, cum laude
As an avid golfer, Katherine follows the wise words of Arnold Palmer in her litigation practice - "Concentration comes out of a combination of confidence and hunger." She firmly believes that a focus on the right details coupled with a desire to keep improving empowers one to achieve tremendous results. This mindset pushes Katherine to be intimately involved in each aspect of her cases from initial pleadings to ultimate disposition. She enjoys working with inquisitive clients in a team effort to elevate not only their expectations, but also what she can accomplish on their behalf.
A member of the Aerospace and Commercial Litigation teams, Katherine represents a wide variety of clients dealing with premises liability, personal injury, property damage, insurance, regulatory, and breach of contract disputes. She has successfully disposed of countless cases on behalf of clients through oral arguments on dispositive motions, tenders of defense, settlement, or verdict at trial.
Katherine is dedicated to enhancing organizations that provide opportunities to law students and young lawyers. She currently serves as the co-chair of the Young Lawyers Committee for the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois. She is also the co-chair for the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois Golf Committee.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2016, 2017
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Aviation Insurance Association; Chicago Bar Association; Defense Research Institute (DRI); Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC); Illinois Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois: Co-chair, Young Lawyers Committee; Co-chair, Golf Committee
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2017
- 38 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsSmithAmundsen, January 8, 2016
- November 30, 2016
- August 19, 2016
- May 13, 2016
- February 15, 2016
- October 21, 2015
- July 31, 2015
- American Bar Association, April 2014