University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, J.D., 1986 cum laude
Carleton College, B.A., 1983
Jack partners with a company’s CEO, CFO and management team to solve business problems. Involving management in the decision-making process allows Jack to craft creative and aggressive strategies while always keeping the company’s goals top of mind.
Jack has been litigating large complex disputes for nearly 30 years. He resolves financial and business disputes between and among individuals and companies across the country, and he helps clients resolve matters involving breach of contract, banking and finance disputes, corporate governance, Intellectual property, product liability, ERISA, construction and securities arbitration. Jack represents both insured and self-insured clients.
Jack’s professional liability practice focuses on areas where knowledge of business and business litigation are key to a successful resolution. Jack works on legal malpractice, accounting and third party administration malpractice and D&O matters. Jack is routinely sought after by architects in malpractice and construction disputes, and he manages cases involving financial institutions and the health care industry.
Memberships & Involvement
Member: Missouri Bar; Illinois State Bar Association; Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
News & Press Releases
- St. Louis Business Journal, July 21, 2015
- February 5, 2013
- SmithAmundsen, January 21, 2014
- SmithAmundsen, January 13, 2014
- SmithAmundsen, January 7, 2014
- SmithAmundsen, December 25, 2013
- SmithAmundsen, December 16, 2013
- SmithAmundsen, December 9, 2013
- SmithAmundsen, December 2, 2013
- SmithAmundsen, November 25, 2013
Presentations & Events
- We Are All In This Together: Shared Challenges for Inside and Outside CounselFebruary 19, 2014