Brown University, M.A., Italian Studies
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.
Boston University, B.A., cum laude
When businesses need to secure professional talent outside the U.S., Jacqueline is the attorney they call. She provides business employment immigration services to both corporations and individuals, including employer or family sponsorship and naturalization. She handles all manner of employment based immigration case management, including: H-1B, Labor Certification (PERM), L-1A, L-1B, L-1 Blanket, E-1/E-2, TN, B-1, F-1, J-1 students, researchers and trainees, and I-140 (EB-1, EB-1a, EB-2, and EB-3). She counsels clients on consular processing and Client Adjustment interviews, and has filed Adjustment of Status applications, including Advance Parole and Employment Authorization. Her clients range from universities to manufacturers to IT consulting firms.
Prior to joining SmithAmundsen, Jacqueline gained experience at a boutique immigration law firm and as an Immigration Specialist for World Relief, for which she obtained Board of Immigration Appeals accreditation, and filed VAWA petitions and Adjustment of Status and Citizenship applications. Prior to becoming an attorney, Jacqueline was employed by the University of Houston and Purdue University as an F-1 and J-1 student counselor. She possesses over fifteen years of experience with immigration issues as both an attorney and foreign student advisor.
Jacqueline is fluent in Italian. Outside the office you can find her cheering on her twin boys; both competitive swimmers.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); AILA Distance Learning Committee member 2014-2106; Illinois State Bar Association; Kane County Bar Association, Immigration Committee
- Past member: Illinois State Bar Association’s Immigration and International Law Committee (2002-2003)
News & Press Releases
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, June 2013
Presentations & Events
- Webinar, August 27, 2013
- Webinar, July 31, 2012
- Lisle Hilton; Lisle, IL, June 21, 2012
- Quarles & Brady LLP, located at 300 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 4400 in Chicago, IL., November 2, 2011
- Seminar, September 21, 2011