University of California-Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2003
University of California-San Diego, B.A., 2000, magna cum laude
At a time when lawsuits are as prevalent as ever, resolving them quickly and equitably helps keep the scales of justice in balance. For more than 10 years, Heather has remained mindful of this in her pursuit of furthering the interests of justice as a dedicated trial attorney. She concentrates her practice in all matters of products liability; premises liability; commercial litigation; real estate and zoning litigation; and environmental and toxic tort matters.
Using a cost-effective and individualistic approach, Heather typically defends manufacturers and suppliers of products that have been sued for personal injuries sustained by a consumer. She also represents business entities that own or lease premises that have been sued for personal injuries sustained by a person while on their premises.Heather has obtained favorable decisions for her clients at trial, and has successfully disposed of matters on Motions for Summary Judgment and Motions to Dismiss in both state and federal court.
Recently, Heather was successful in a motion to dismiss filed pursuant to Missouri’s Innocent Seller Statute, thereby extricating a safety equipment supplier from a multi-defendant action concerning a workplace accident. The accident involved an employee sustaining a significant brain injury in which the protective headgear supplied by Heather’s client was alleged to have been defective.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
- Recognized as an “Up & Coming” lawyer by Missouri Lawyers’ Media in 2014
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Missouri Lawyers Weekly at the annual Missouri Women's Justice Awards
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Missouri State Bar; Illinois State Bar; California State Bar; Lawyers’ Association of St. Louis; Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis; DRI, Products Liability Subcommittee, Women in the Law Subcommittee
- Board Member: Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis, Member-At-Large (2012-2013); Vice-President (2013-2014); President-Elect (2014-2015); President (2015-2016)
- Obtained a trial verdict in favor of our client in an action brought against a municipality for failure to grant our client’s rezoning request, thereby establishing that the municipality had acted in an arbitrary and capricious manner when denying our client’s request to rezone a lot that was presently being used as green space in this golf course community for residential use.
- Successful on a Motion to Dismiss filed pursuant to Missouri’s Innocent Seller Statute, thereby extricating a supplier of safety equipment from a multi-defendant action concerning a workplace accident that resulted in an employee sustaining a significant brain injury, in which the protective head gear our client supplied was alleged to have been defective.
- Obtained a trial verdict in favor of our client in an action brought to enforce the restrictive covenants of a golf course community.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of a premises owner who had been sued after the plaintiff had slipped and fallen on a patch of ice which remained in the client’s parking lot after snow removal services had been performed. Plaintiff alleged extensive injuries, including brain damage, as a result of this fall.
News & Press Releases
- SmithAmundsen, November 3, 2016
- Missouri Lawyers Media, April 14, 2016
- March 10, 2016
- Coming Rule Change Makes License Reactivation Less Burdensome - Missouri Lawyers Weekly Features Heather BubMissouri Lawyers Weekly, October 26, 2015
- August 2014
- August 2014
- The Recent Change in Missouri's Law License Reactivation Rules: A Small Change Amounts to Meaningful Improvement for Women LawyersSt. Louis Lawyers Magazine, November 2015
Presentations & Events
- Women Lawyer's Association of Greater St. Louis, September 10, 2016