Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., 1996
Indiana University, B.A., 1990
Eric understands the regulatory, environmental and economic challenges facing companies today; he spent 18 years serving as general counsel in the transportation industry. As a former general counsel, Eric was involved in determining the strategic direction of companies, managing legal matters, reviewing and drafting employment policies and documents, and reviewing and drafting commercial contracts. His experience includes mergers and acquisitions, international and domestic commercial real estate, corporate compliance and governance, employment law, intellectual property and international licensing and authorized representative agreements.
Eric’s focus as a member of the Corporate and Transportation Practice Groups is on mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions and general corporate matters. Eric also assists in defending clients in commercial litigation, employment issues, personal injury matters and liability issues.
When he is not in the office, Eric enjoys traveling and spending time with his family.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association; Indiana State Bar Association; Transportation Lawyers Association; Conference of Freight Counsel; Indiana Motor Truck Association; North American Transportation Employee Relations Association
News & Press Releases
- September 2016
- April 6, 2018
- September 9, 2016
Presentations & Events
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game: The Challenges and Risks Faced by Carriers, Brokers, and Freight Forwarders in 2018 - Risk Management and Legal Strategies that Affect Clients in the Transportation SectorTransportation Lawyers Association; Orlando, FL, May 3, 2018
- Raising Capital to Support GrowthIndiana Motor Truck Association Annual Convention; Indianapolis, IN, November 4, 2017
- Indiana Motor Truck Association, April 24, 2017
- The Inevitable Class Action: Preparing for, Defending and Recovering from Potential, Company CalamityAssociation of Corporate Counsel, Chicago, IL, November 2, 2016
- Stafford; Webinar, June 8, 2016