Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2013
Northeastern University, B.S., 2010
Danessa likes to win, whether she is playing recreational sports or arguing a motion in court. Her clients appreciate her competitive spirit and her commitment to helping them achieve their goals.
As a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group, she defends clients in matters relating to computer fraud, products liability, breach of contract and tortious interference. As a member of the Entertainment, Media & Privacy Practice Group she defends clients against defamation and privacy related claims.
When she is not in the office she enjoys being outside hiking with her dogs or biking. She participates in the annual Le Tour de Shore 100 mile charity bike race that starts in Chicago and ends near New Buffalo, Michigan.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association
- Participated in settlement negotiations, drafted stipulations, and achieved offers of judgment for the full amount of damages alleged under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and for tortious interference in a computer software hacking case
- Successfully settled dispute involving breach of contract and violations of the Nursing Home Care Act, reclaiming full amount of all improperly assessed fees and helped fulfill clients' request for informal arbitration with a local ombudsman
- Drafted response brief and successfully defeated motion to quash deposition subpoenas of numerous fact witnesses whose testimony was critical to defending against tortious interference counterclaim
- Drafted response brief, assisted at oral argument, and successfully defeated motions to exclude evidence of goodwill/reputation damages and to exclude rebuttal expert witness testimony
- Successfully defended against motion to sever in mass action brought on behalf of thirteen units of local government