Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 1989, magna cum laude
Indiana University, B.S., Applied Mathematics, 1985
As co-chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group, Connie oversees a team providing comprehensive services in the protection, commercialization and defense of intellectual property. In today’s world, where the competition is fierce and technology is changing fast, Connie’s clients appreciate the fact that she takes care to understand their business and keep pace with industry advances. While a substantial part of Connie’s practice is devoted to established and emerging clients in the software and cloud services industries, Connie serves clients in diverse industries doing business across the U.S. and the world.
Connie has counseled in the areas of technology, marketing, distribution, and employment and consulting contracts for over 25 years. She has extensive experience in the negotiation of software and other technology agreements, dispute resolution and litigation of trademarks, trade secrets, copyright and patent rights, and prosecution of trademark and copyright registrations.
Connie has first-hand knowledge of business realities through her prior experience serving as in-house general counsel of a publishing company and vice president of a retail manufacturing and distribution company. Connie draws on this understanding on a day-to-day basis by helping her clients strategize for growth while protecting their investments.
Connie also uses her first-hand knowledge to teach and mentor law students. She currently teaches copyright law as an adjunct professor at Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
- 2014 Leadership in Law, Distinguished Barrister
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Board of Directors: Indiana Artisan, Inc.
- Past Chair: Indianapolis Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section Executive Committee (2014)
- Certified Mediator
News & Press Releases
- Municipalities Including Westfield Join Trademark Game - Indianapolis Business Journal Quotes Constance Lindman Discussing Trademark LawsIndianapolis Business Journal, November 22, 2014
- February 12, 2014
- May 16, 2013
- May 25, 2017
- August 20, 2015
- August 8, 2014
- The Indiana Lawyer, July 20, 2014
Presentations & Events
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law and Vietnam National University Host Conference on Trans-Pacific PartnershipIndiana University and the Vietnam National University, Seminar; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, December 7, 2016
- Center for Intellectual Property Law and Innovation Event: Annual Intellectual Property/ Life Science SymposiumIndianapolis, April 7, 2016
- Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law; Indianapolis, IN, September 22, 2015
- SmithAmundsen, Webinar, June 25, 2015
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, April 14, 2015
- University Tech Transfers PanelBioPharma/Tech Law Symposium IU McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, IN, March 12, 2015
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, August 14, 2014
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar, April 22, 2014
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council, Webinar, March 7, 2014
- Intellectual Property for Start-UpsIndianapolis Bar Association, February 19, 2014
- 2012 Intellectual Property Year in ReviewIndianapolis Bar Association, April 10, 2013