Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D.,1987, cum laude
University of Wisconsin-Parkside, 1983, magna cum laude
Brian has worked tirelessly to resolve complicated litigation issues for his clients for more than 30 years. He handles civil litigation matters; including the representation of individuals and businesses in complex personal injury lawsuits. Brian has tried dozens of cases to verdict and handled hundreds of arbitration and mediation matters.
Brian is a court appointed arbitrator in the Circuit Court of Lake County, Illinois and has presided over dozens of arbitration hearings. Brian is also a certified mediator by the State of Illinois.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Trial Bar of the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; Illinois State Bar Association; and Lake County Bar Association
- Received summary judgment in favor of a business owner regarding a substantial lawsuit filed against it pertaining to a slip and fall in the parking lot. The case was subsequently affirmed on appeal
Favorably resolved a high profile motor vehicle accident lawsuit, involving wrongful death and significant injury claims, with aggravated liability circumstances
- SmithAmundsen, January 2015
- IDC Quarterly, Third Quarter, 2014