Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D.,1987, cum laude
University of Wisconsin-Parkside, 1983, magna cum laude
Brian has worked tirelessly to resolve complicated litigation issues for his clients for nearly 30 years. He handles civil litigation matters; including the representation of individuals and businesses in complex personal injury lawsuits. Brian has tried dozens of cases to verdict and handled hundreds of arbitration and mediation matters.
Brian’s practice also involves the handling of family law matters; including divorce cases, custody disputes, post-decree matters, and qualified domestic relations orders.
Brian is a court appointed arbitrator in the Circuit Court of Lake County, Illinois and has presided over dozens of arbitration hearings. Brian is also a certified mediator by the State of Illinois.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Trial Bar of the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; Illinois State Bar Association; and Lake County Bar Association
- Received summary judgment in favor of a business owner regarding a substantial lawsuit filed against it pertaining to a slip and fall in the parking lot. The case was subsequently affirmed on appeal
Favorably resolved a high profile motor vehicle accident lawsuit, involving wrongful death and significant injury claims, with aggravated liability circumstances
- SmithAmundsen, January 2015
- IDC Quarterly, Third Quarter, 2014