IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2001, Certificate in Labor and Employment
Boston University, B.A., 1997
Beverly strives to understand a client’s business, in order to effectively support it in reaching its goals and addressing its challenges. She knows that solutions are not one-size-fits all.
She spent a significant part of her career representing labor unions and multi-employer fringe benefit funds, but now exclusively represents employer interests. Armed with this unique perspective and over 15 years of focused experience in labor and employment law, she regularly counsels employers regarding a full range of issues -- from development of work policies and negotiation of employment and severance agreements, to strategic planning related to collective bargaining, union avoidance, pickets and strikes. Beverly also actively represents management before state and federal courts, labor arbitrators, and administrative agencies such as the National Labor Relations Board, EEOC and Illinois Department of Human Rights.
Beverly is a frequent speaker at labor and employment seminars, including the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, the Chicago-Kent Institute for Law and the Workplace - Hot Topics in Contemporary Labor Law Conference, and educational programs for various contractor associations, including the Mid-America Regional Bargaining Association, Northern Illinois Building Contractors Association, and the Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association.
She is a regular contributor to the firm’s Labor and Employment Law Update and the Illinois Chamber of Commerce’ HR Illinois publication. Her articles have been republished by Thompson's HR Compliance Expert | FMLA Compliance and Lorman Business Center’s Legal Compliance Resource. Beverly was also a contributing author to the Illinois Chamber of Commerce’s Illinois Employment Law Handbook (2015).
Selected by the Leading Lawyers Network as an “Emerging Lawyer” in employee benefits law and employment law: management
Memberships & Involvement
- Co-chair: SmithAmundsen Diversity Committee
- Member: American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law; Defense Research Institute (DRI); Federation of Women Contractors; Filipino-American Lawyers Association
- Business Advisory Board: Illinois Chamber of Commerce
Contributing Author, SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog.
Contributing Author, Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog.
- Illinois Business Leader Magazine, May 4, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, 2013-2015
Presentations & Events
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Chicago, IL, October 24, 2017
- Brando's Speakeasy, June 21, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Chicago, IL, June 20, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Glen Ellyn, IL, April 11, 2017
- Mid America Regional Bargaining Association, Seminar; Lombard, IL, February 7, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Chicago, IL, February 2, 2017
- Construction Law Power Seminar: Critical Legal Updates Impacting the Construction Industry: What You Need to Know for 2017SmithAmundsen, Lombard, IL, January 24, 2017
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Chicago, IL, December 1, 2016
- Harry Caray's, Lombard, IL, September 28, 2016
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Bolingbrook, IL, July 28, 2016
- June 23, 2016
- Hot Topics in Contemporary Labor Relations Law Conference; Chicago, IL, June 17, 2016
- Union Audit Funds: Navigating the Lingo, the Demands and the LawIllinois Road and Transportation Builders Association; Webinar, April 14, 2016
- Mid-America Regional Bargaining Associaion; Des Plaines, IL, April 7, 2016
- Union Audit Funds: Navigating the Lingo, the Demands and the LawNorthern Illinois Building Contractors Association; Rockford, IL, March 23, 2016
- Park Hyatt, Chicago, IL, February 18, 2016
- Union Audit Funds: Navigating the Lingo, the Demands and the LawFox Valley Associated General Contractors; Elgin, IL, January 20, 2016
- Chicago, IL, June 25, 2015
- SmithAmundsen, Webinar and Seminar, Chicago, IL, May 7, 2015
- 150 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 3300, Chicago IL, 60601, February 19, 2015
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce Webinar, October 14, 2014
- Asian-American Business Expo, Chicago, IL, September 6, 2014
- Hot Topics in Contemporary Labor Relations Law Conference; Chicago, IL, June 13, 2014
- Webinar, April 9, 2014
- SmithAmundsen's Chicago Office, February 27, 2014
- Chicago, IL, July 31, 2013
- HACIA Offices, 901 W. Jackson Blvd, Suite 205, Chicago, IL 60607, July 11, 2013
- Chicago, IL, March 28, 2013