Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2010
University of Illinois, B.S., 2006
Allison has spent a majority of her legal career defending employers and understands that each employment matter comes with its own unique challenges and considerations. Allison is a proactive and creative litigator who strives to find the best resolutions for her clients. Dating back to her journalism major, Allison has honed an approachable, understandable communication style and the ability to strategically frame important issues. She now uses these skills to persuasively and accurately tell her clients’ stories.
As a member of our Labor and Employment Practice Group, she handles workplace disputes, including claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, lost wages and failure to accommodate a disability. Her experience includes representing clients in a variety of industries, including healthcare systems, state universities, public agencies, and small employers, in state and federal court litigation.
Prior to joining SmithAmundsen, Allison was an Assistant Attorney General in the Office of the Illinois Attorney General’s Employment Law Unit where she represented state agencies in federal and state court and administrative agencies. In that capacity, she defended employers against claims brought under Section 1983, Section 1981, Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA and the Illinois Human Rights Act.
Memberships & Involvement
- Young Professionals Board: Equip for Equality
- Obtained summary judgment for client in Title VII claim alleging co-worker harassment
- Obtained summary judgment for client following both parties’ cross-motions for summary judgment on claims for ADA failure to accommodate, ADA retaliation and constructive discharge
- Obtained summary judgment for client on Title VII, ADEA and Section 1981 claims of discrimination and retaliation
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit through motion to dismiss on case alleging ADA failure to accommodate
News & Press Releases
- The Growth Company's Human Resources Newsletter, Fall 2016
Presentations & Events
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Effingham, IL, March 16, 2017