The John Marshall Law School, 2008, J.D.
Loyola University Chicago, 2004, B.A.
Abe leaves no stone unturned when it comes to finding the best resolution for a client. He is known for being a driven advocate. Many of his clients are facing property and casualty coverage disputes, and bad faith litigation. He often represents primary and excess insurers in declaratory judgment actions and counsels them on coverage grants.
Abe litigates disputes in multiple industries, including insurance disputes regarding construction and transportation. His experience includes drafting dispositive motions and appellate briefs on substantive issues of coverage claims involving general liability, property damage, products liability, and completed operations pertaining to non-coverage trigger issues and policy exclusions. Abe is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh and Eleventh Circuits. He is also fluent in Spanish.
Memberships & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association; Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois
- Deputy Regional President, Region IX: Hispanic National Bar Association
- Obtained a successful ruling against a general contractor for damage caused to hotel
- Obtained favorable summary judgment ruling for primary and excess insurers in a matter involving construction defects and applicability of horizontal exhaustion under commercial general liability policies under Florida law
- Obtained a favorable dispositive motion for a primary insurer concerning a personal and advertising injury coverage dispute involving underlying antitrust allegations under the Sherman and Clayton Acts
- Obtained a favorable settlement for insurers in coverage dispute and extra contractual litigation in a product liability and False Claims Act matter
- Obtained favorable summary judgment ruling against general contractor regarding applicable endorsement in connection with underlying multi-district litigation actions